Essential oils do this, essential oils are good for that… you are maybe tired hearing of essential oils already, or you have heard so much about them, but you still don’t know how to use them and you are more and more intrigued. If you are from the first group of people – then we will surprise even you with the ideas of essential oil usage we are going to offer you today. If you are from the second group, or you have never heard of essential oils – then this article is just for you!
Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds that are found in the bark, stems, seeds and other parts of different plants. Essential oils are among the most commonly used in ancients ages for spiritual, beauty, medicine and emotional purposes, but today we are going to show you that you can incorporate all the benefits and advantages of the essential oils into your home cleaning and maintenance routine and make them work for you!
- Place just a few drops of your favourite essential oil in your vacuum cleaner bag or dust container, so the vacuum motor will diffuse the pleasant scent and make your whole home smell great. Use citrus and zesty essential oils for a fresh smell and overall atmosphere, lavender to create a relaxing and tranquil atmosphere (great for the bedroom), or basil for the kitchen area to wake up appetite.
- You can use the same idea as above in your home air filter to add a scent of your choice.
- You are just back from grocery spree? Then there is an idea - you can use lemon essential oil to increase the shelf life of fruits. Everything you have to do is adding a few drops of it in a bowl of cold water and swirl a fruit in it for a few seconds.
- Lemon oil is also great for getting rid of sticky gum, adhesive, crayon, permanent marker and oil.
- Do you want a cheap, natural, effective and healthy alternative of a fabric softener? Then add a few drops of Melaleuca to a cup of white vinegar and pour it into the washing machine with the load.
- You can neutralise cooking smells by simmering a pan of purified water with a few drops of clove or cinnamon essential oil. This will also smell like you are baking a dessert.
- Here is a smart trick – add a few drops of peppermint oil to the cardboard inside the toilet paper and that way every time you enrol, you will scent freshness.
- Lavender essential oil is not only naturally calming, but also great and natural alternative to pest control too. Just fill a large spray bottle with two cups of purified water and 25 drops of lavender essential oil and spray around your home to keep flies away.
- Lemon oil and tea tree oil are natural disinfectants you can use for disinfecting many surfaces.
- You can get rid of spiders by spraying around the house with a solution of a few drops of peppermint oil and distilled water.
- Use a few drops of lemon essential oil on a cotton ball you place in the trash can to neutralise the smell.
- Or place a cotton ball soaked in lemon oil behind the toilet to make the whole bathroom smell extra fresh.
Stay tuned for more house cleaning ideas as well as many office and cleaning services for landlords and estate agents ideas, tips and tricks!
Summertime is a great time for outdoor activities and fun but this is when stains happen very often. Here is how to get rid of the most common of them!
Deep cleaning your house like a pro is now possible with the help of a few easy-to-follow expert tips and hacks. Check them out here!
Well, avoiding cleaning and completely neglecting it is not something someone could afford. However, you can make house maintenance much easier following our tips!
Autumn cleaning is as important as the spring digging into the darkest, most dusty and neglected corners of your home!